Franchise Development Director - Sports Security
6 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Role: Franchise Development Director – EA SPORTS Security
We are looking for a gifted Operations leader to join our team. Onsite or hybrid based in Vancouver and reporting to the Director of Security, we're looking for motivated candidates with experience in managing accomplished teams and leading large-scale projects in dynamic environments. You should have a passion for teams and technology. This is a great opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team who strive for innovation and operational excellence in protecting our players to keep enjoying a fair, fun, and secure experience.
You will lead and manage the team's operations and execution in partnership with the Director of Security and Technical Director of Security. You will provide oversight of security development, data science, and security operations for our games. With an eye for what matters and balancing the scope of work across different contexts, you will deliver using large-scale systems. You will excel in partnership management and diplomacy with leaders throughout the organization including VP level and above.
- Manage, coach and inspire project and people managers, while creating productive and meaningful relationships with the entire team
- Build and evolve an outstanding team
- Accountable for the hiring process to ensure qualified and diverse candidates
- Establish and assign franchise level goals from defined organizational goals; achieve project deliverables through managing the team at a franchise level
- Proactively assess and mitigate risk across the group
- Partner with stakeholders to manage scope and quality
- Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and direct the team accordingly
- Manage the team budget and budget planning process
- Apply process wisely not blindly
The successful candidate will have:
- People management skills, especially the ability to challenge and develop talent
- Project management depth
- Experience managing large projects, planning, budgets, delegation and implementing operational changes implementing operational changes.
- Risk identification and mitigation experience
- Project ownership; seen projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances
- You grow quickly from feedback and apply new concepts and procedures to maintain an outcome focus while dealing with change and you deal with ambiguity by asking questions or advocating for solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast and collaborative team environment
- Minimum of 8+ years project management or team leadership experience
- University degree of Bachelors or equivalent professional experience
- Skill in communicating across all levels and teams
- Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile. PRINCE2 or PMP are beneficial, but not required
- CISSP or CISM certification would be beneficial, but not required.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.