Development Director (Quality Verification) - Mobile
11 days ago
Who is EA Capital Games?
We're a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, inspired by the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture excels in being creative, collaborative, and in pushing the boundaries of our medium. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Project Development Director
The Quality Assurance - Development Director and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, determine budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics on a new unannounced title.
A Quality Assurance - Development Director will help establish essential knowledge transfer and the communication process with our game teams. You will work embedded within the Development organization, improve the QA practice across EA and share knowledge across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
Quality Assurance - Development Director must have both a solid project management background and. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level projects and operational efficiency programs.
You will also spend time managing direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are important to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA group Director we're looking for a passionate Quality Assurance - Project Development Director to join our team to help coordinate and test our mobile titles.
Primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- Oversee whole project from the quality point of view with the ability to speak to the project in detail
- Process and workflow management, building processes to maintain high quality standards through multiple development and live project cycles
- Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating ROI and cost vs benefit analysis
- Work with our partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project KPIs
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to implement solutions
- Monitor and drive product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes are observed
- Collaborate with all partners and team members across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
You will need to bring the following levels of practical experience:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum: 7+ years of experience in full-stack software development environment
- 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 and Unreal
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira
- Experienced shipping mobile titles