Development Director (Quality Verification) - Madden
Orlando Florida United States
7 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a DD in Quality Verification does
QV partners with EA Studios Game teams to drive quality in the game. Our team is comprised of quality designers, engineers, data analysts, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating quality experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes all qualified candidates. We value diverse teams, unified through collaboration, culture and craft, and encourage our team members to bring their unique perspectives to the table.
You Have Experience in the Following:
- Building and mentoring teams; identify resourcing needs, providing challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Improving operational effectiveness of team effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies
- Developing working relationships with your immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Providing line management to employees across departments within a single project team
- Mentoring and supporting other leaders
- Communicating with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Participating in the hiring process
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with Production and Development to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates
- Ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and process, while driving quality
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
Education requirement University degree bachelor’s or equivalent professional experience
- Experience managing distributed teams is considered an asset
Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
Mediation and conflict resolution skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.