And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a DD in Quality Verification does:
QV partners with EA Studios Game teams to guide quality in the game. Our team is comprised of quality designers, engineers, data analysts, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating quality experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes all qualified candidates. We value diverse teams, unified through collaboration, culture and craft, and encourage our team members to bring their unique perspectives to the table.
As a Development Director - QV within the Development Technology Services (DTS) you will manage other leaders within your assigned projects, work with Producers, Technical Directors on the development team and you will report to the Lead Development Director of the assigned gaming franchise, EA Sports.
- You will build teams, develop talent and coordinate programs.
- Improve operational effectiveness of team effort by incorporating new strategies
- Provide line management to employees across teams within a single project team
- Mentor and support other leaders
- Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Work with partners to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates
- Ensure project deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 5+ years prior experience in project and people management in an IT environment;
- Solid leadership experience;
- Experience in several project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile;
- Experience working in a distributed and matrix structure;
Are you ready to join a winning team?
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.