This job might no longer be available.
Development Director - Online Services
2 months ago
Online Services: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Online Services helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Development Director, you'll be responsible for evolving the development strategy of a set of online products and services for our production teams.
A member of the management team, you'll establish deliverables, and mobilize a group of architects, programming project leads, and product managers to achieve them.
Your team reaches its ambitions thanks to your know-how, your leadership, and your ability to maintain a global vision and make informed decisions. You’re motivated to create a culture of collaboration where each person performs at their best because they believe in our mission.
What you’ll do
- Define and present the development strategy for the products and services in your area of ownership.
- Work closely with the product director to develop the vision for your products or services + communicate strategies and goals to team members.
- Regularly meet with your team to organize the work to be done, discuss progress, share updates, and ensure that all online products and services meet the expected level of quality.
- Establish and monitor budgets for the products and services you oversee.
- Communicate on the progress of deliverables, identify risks, and approve contingency plans.
- Build and grow your team of architects, programming project leads, and product managers + foster their professional development.
- Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers when need be.
- Support Online Services team members in other studios (Europe, Asia, and elsewhere).
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent technical training
- Around 10 years of software-related experience + leadership experience
- Solid project management skills that allow you to deliver on scope, performance, and budget without compromising vision and final quality (a certificate in management would be a plus)
- An innovative and results-oriented spirit
- Open communication
- The capacity to adapt to changes (especially the ever-changing realities of the industry)
- Effective cross-departmental collaboration: you can easily cooperate with members from all disciplines and organizational levels
- Curiosity and a willingness to continue learning (for example, knowledge of the video game industry isn’t required, but a desire to learn more about it is strongly encouraged)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.