Development Director II - FIFA
11 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
EA is looking for a technical project manager/development director to manage a team of senior software engineers. You will track progress against deliverables, communicate progress, advocate for the team, and ensure delivery goals are met.
You will be a part of the Live Engineering team, reporting to the Franchise Development Director. The Live Engineering team is responsible for the ongoing releases, optimization, stability and performance tuning of one of the major EA titles. You will collaborate with several teams across EA technology and studio organizations to ensure the targeted performance of our game even under heavy load.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Partner with the technical lead in leading the senior engineering team through an annual cycle of optimization, stability and performance tuning of our game.
- Organize deeper discussions, technical demonstrations, or problem-solving sessions.
- Standardize and establish repeatable process from intake of the new requirements, architecture and design, optimization assessments, to performance testing and tuning,
- Work with engineers and architects to translate complex requirements into actionable tasks and plans.
- Manage project plans, schedule commitments and scope vs. capacity plans.
- Identify & track risks across the deliverables and communicate their status to the leadership.
- Conduct Project Status reviews, Milestone reviews, and Operability reviews.
- Balance long-term roadmap priorities with daily task completion.
- Develop relationships and trust with partners through reliability and serve as the primary POC of the team.
- Project or program management experience on large scale projects.
- 10+ years experience in software development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working across large, distributed teams within an enterprise-level business.
- Extremely data-driven and able to lead prioritization.
- Ability to remove blockers and promote progress.
- Experience working with ALM solutions (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Technical Consulting, Technical Project Management, Customer Success, or similar.
- PMP Project Management Certificate.
- Exposure to load testing and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with both creating and analyzing data sets to optimize processes, identifying gaps, or communicating successes.
- Experience delivering live services, game development, and platform ecosystems is a plus.