Development Director - Battlefield Central Tech (Platform)
17 days ago
We are looking for talented people to join our team building core, impactful, and empowering technology for Battlefield! Our Battlefield Technology Team is home to remarkable technical talent building Battlefield tools and technology on EA's proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We aim to empower engineering and content creation with a myriad of tools and workflows, while empowering the multi-studio distributed development team to create innovative and connected experiences for Battlefield fans around the world. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and that's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we work towards a common cause. Join us!
We are looking for an experienced project and people manager who is passionate about the technology that powers our games. You will create an environment that enables our excellent engineers, and their teams, to focus on what they are good at and support them with administrative work and production/project support. The Development Director plans time, resources and tracking progress working together with the other leads in the team. You will be an essential person in the daily operation of the teams you work with.
- Project & Process management
- Ensures Agile roles are understood and well-played within your team so that participation is high quality (e.g. Product Owner has a groomed backlog, the team has sprint goals, team delivers on agreements, retrospectives have regular improvement actions, etc.)
- Always has team capacity and scope clear and aligned with Backlog and velocity
- Coordinates work across internal and external teams to minimize the impact of dependencies
- Identifys tech or tools that would benefit the team, increasing scalability and advocates for obtaining (e.g. Jira plug ins, upgrades; code quality monitors (e.g. Coverity), etc.
- Identify and manages risks and dependencies across multiple domains or the entire project; including identifying and managing critical paths.
- Utilizes various risk management techniques such as a risk matrix to prioritize risk strategies .
- Team and individual management
- Manages people, aligning career and development goals with day-to-day work, plus delivering candid feedback to individuals
- Organizes and coordinates team building activities and get together (whether virtual or in-person)
- Identifies personnel conflicts and works to candidly communicate
- Change Management
- Drives and executes change management initiatives within the team. Responsible for adoption and acceptance of change within the team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years project & people management experience – preferably in the tech / software development industry.
- Effective management of engineers, and the resources they use to deliver delight to players.
- Leading and coaching teams in Agile methodologies (preferred: ScrumMaster certification).
- Agile development, using Scrum/Kanban/Lean
- Project roadmaps, sprint planning, retrospectives, dependency management
- Day-to-da y team and people management
- Overall project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Risk analysis and mitigation techniques
- Project Management Tools, for example: Jira, EazyBI, PowerBI, Hansoft, Excel (create & maintain complex spreadsheets ), Trello, or other project management, reporting and tracking tools.
- Strongly preferred : people management, talent development, helping individuals grow through coaching, mentorship , and candid feedback.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organization, using tools and methods appropriate to each.