Development Assistant: Animation
14 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Animation graduates who possess a passion for games and game development. This is a full-time position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad, California.
You will work alongside our animation team to provide general ongoing support and assist in the creation of world-class video games.
WHAT WE DO
- We support the global animation and performance capture teams as they produce animation for all characters and animals appearing in cinematic and gameplay sequences in our games.
- We support performance capture pre-production, help drive shoot preparation and provide shoot support.
- We support the performance capture post-production process and ensure assets are ready for downstream departments including cameras, animation and lighting teams.
- We are responsible for management and optimization of animation scene files.
- We work collaboratively with the global Animation, Technical Art, Code and Design teams to problem solve and help shepherd assets through various stages of our in-game and cinematic animation pipelines.
- Maintenance and evaluation of assets for consistency, suitability and usability across all our internal animation teams.
- Preparation of assets for Motion capture preproduction.
- Support for performance capture shoots.
- Setup and optimization of animation scene files to maintain functionality for all downstream departments.
- Export animation data into our game engine.
- Preferred degree with an emphasis in 3D Art or Animation or equivalent work experience.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Driven individual who completes high quality work with relative autonomy.
- Knowledge of game development issues with an understanding of export processes to game engine.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time-management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Animation experience preferable.
- Experience with motion capture, MotionBuilder and/or 3dsmax.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Quality Assurance experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.