Developer Support Engineer
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Developer Support Engineer
The SIE Developer Technology Group consists of specialists from a wide variety of technology and platform specific areas including Graphics, System Software, Submission process and Network. We support our game industry partners in resolving questions, streamlining processes and delivering solutions for content released on the PlayStation platforms. Our submission team interacts closely with Publisher and Developers both online and at conferences to ensure their success on PlayStation.
What you'll be doing:
- Work as part of the Global Submission team to provide support to Developers and Publishers on all PlayStation platforms via our support website, on-site visits and conferences
- Collaborate closely with internal teams across all the SIE territories to define and revise PlayStation standards and solutions for our partners
- Delve deep into our platform requirements, support developers in understanding them, and make sure they are implemented accurately
- Provide technical support, bring attention to, and tackle requests from our partners and/or other internal teams
- Assess partners’ technical feedback about platform requirements and relay it to the internal engineering teams
- Facilitate the communication between external and internal parties (including Third Parties Business Relations, Store Operations, Policy, Services)
- Contribute to initiatives/projects to improve the efficiency of the team and the level of support provided to partners
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the industry
- Familiarity with digital tech and gaming industry
- High adaptability to work with multiple teams located in different time zones
- Ability to communicate clearly in a multicultural environment
- Highly flexible mindset
- Strong spoken and written English
- Attention to details and good time-management skills
Nice to Have:
- Prior developer relations or support experience
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.