Developer Support Engineer, Simulations and AI
3 days ago
We are currently seeking a highly proficient AI (simulations) Programmer (Developer Support Engineer) to handle incoming technical issues from Unity users and work with the Global R&D team to study and improve our Unity engine native codes. This will impact multiple industries such as manufacturing, autonomous systems, and games, and contribute to the advancement of the field of Artificial Intelligence.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who ideally has an in-depth knowledge of how Unity or other Game(visualization) engines work at the C++(native) level and how it is used in large projects. This position you will conduct technical discovery calls with customers, collaborate closely with engineering teams, and support new services.
Bringing these technologies to the Unity platform has the potential to both transform how simulations and games are built, tested, and evaluated as well as push machine learning research forward by providing novel simulation environments. We’re looking for engineers who are adaptable and enjoy challenging the status quo.
Learn more about our key products
What you’ll be doing
- Provide in-depth consultation and support to developers who are planning to use Unity for their simulations and games
- Become a technical expert in the use of Unity product portfolio (Unity Simulation, Game Simulation, ML-Agents)
- Benchmark and evaluate your implementations on sophisticated simulations and games with high physical fidelity and graphical quality
- Implement algorithms for training ML Agents within Unity using machine learning methods such as reinforcement training and imitation learning
- Enables vision-based (supervised) deep learning to be applied across industries.
- Build your own presentations and demos, or take existing content from our Content and Demo Teams, and modify them to suit the occasion
What we’re looking for
- Experience in simulation programming, game programming or middleware with knowledge of simulation development process and platforms
- Programming experience in one of the following languages: C#, C++
- Experience in one of the following libraries: TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe2
- Strong communication skills in English and Korean, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment
You might also have
- Experience with Unity Engine, simulators, and game development
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms and frameworks
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.