Developer Support Engineer (Contractor)
15 days ago
This role sits within Unity's Success Support team which connects our customers to our development teams.
Our customers have a wide variety of problems that require quick thinking to keep their projects on track. This is where you step in, working to tackle these problems with curiosity, flexibility, and positivity. In return, you will constantly be learning about the latest features of Unity, and get to help cultivate some of the most exciting games in development today!
What you’ll be doing
- Efficiently provide technical support and solutions across Unity’s deployment platforms and variety of applications
- Solve customer problems by working with customers and coworkers via online ticketing and any other appropriate medium
- Maintain excellent relations between the technical support team and other departments within Unity
- Supply the Unity documentation and other resource materials
What we’re looking for
- Enjoyment of troubleshooting/ problem-solving
- C# and/or C++ experience
- Ability to learn new skills and areas of Unity
- Experience in debugging and profiling
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
You might also have
- Developing games/apps with Unity or for mobile/ console platforms
- Knowledge of SCM software (git, svn, mercurial, p4) and available external hosting platforms
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.