Developer Support Engineer, Cloud
Southampton, City Of Southampton, England, United Kingdom
14 days ago
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be working closely with and supporting some of the biggest names in gaming today. You will be a part of a local and global team of DSEs covering all timezones across a 24/7 remit, being the first point of contact for our user’s technical needs. As well as playing a key part in keeping some of the most prestigious games operational at all times, you’ll be adept at responding swiftly but articulately to customer requests, as well as solving challenging technical issues on their behalf or escalating to other senior technical teams where necessary.
You’ll love and thrive in a live operational environment where the pace is never slow, and you’re used to actively observing, monitoring and taking action on multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously. Your keen attention to detail and forward thinking approaches to troubleshooting will drive your and our user’s success.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you’re a technical expert with your fingers on the pulse of the latest cutting edge Cloud, hosting, and gaming tech, we want to hear from you!
- You’ll be responsible for responding to customer requests and ticket, whilst delivering a sublime customer experience with clear, articulate and friendly communication
- You’ll ensure a thorough understanding and troubleshooting of user’s needs across our variety of Cloud products and services
- A key part of this role is monitoring key metrics and alerting from our products to enable a proactive approach to support
- You’ll be comfortable escalating issues to relevant senior technical teams where necessary, as well as supporting users and internal teams by assuming relevant roles within a defined incident management process
- You’ll be required to communicate with third party vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as help to identify and fix network related issues
- A documentation-first mindset is a requirement for this role whilst you are always prepared to draft key processes internally, or even drafts for customer-facing documentation that our Technical Writing team can publish
- Take part in daily handovers with your global peers to ensure a continual flow of progress on all key customer and internal-facing issue resolution
- Experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services in a customer-facing technical support capacity
- Experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.)
- Video game obsessed - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
- Working hours include shift patterns of work (5 days on, 3 days off); weekend shifts and working national holidays are included as normal working hours in this role
- Knowledge of escalation policies and how to utilise them efficiently, especially in a live operations setting
- Experience working as part of a global shift-orientated team with handovers of information
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- ITIL training/certifications
- You’re not afraid to be bold and take unusual approaches to solve difficult technical problems
- Experience with the Unity engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.