This job might no longer be available.
Developer Relations Technical Artist
3 months ago
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to provide clear, broad-level support of Unreal Engine to current and future licensees from the perspective of the in-editor toolset. Your primary goal would be to impart your skills to licensees who need to solve technical/artistic issues in their projects, particularly those that lie outside of source code. Your primary tasks will involve direct support with licensees, tools development for the engine, and creating content to showcase the ability of the current and future generations of the engine.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Diagnosing problems Unreal Engine licenses may be having with their content
- Teaching processes to other developers
- Giving technical presentations to large groups of people
- Understanding of the technical requirements for developing content for real-time 3D games.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong familiarly with Unreal Engine 4; preferably with shipped titles(s)
- Comfortable using multiple aspects of the Unreal Editor including; creation of sophisticated Blueprint scripts, materials, particle effects, animation setups, scene/level creation, and lighting
- Comfortable generating 3D game assets using 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc.
- Passionate about working with developers to create quality-focused content to push the limits of the engine
- Experience performing various tech art related tasks such as; shader development, special effects creation, level construction
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Experience communicating on a technical level with programmers
- Experience providing support, assistance, training or documentation to artists
- Ability to write tools in their spare time
- Experience with one or more of the following; Python, C#, Mel, etc.
- Ability to debug problems in the art import/export pipeline
- Shipped-game experience highly desirable
- Willing to travel up to 60% of the time
Please submit your resume with a portfolio.
This is going to be Epic!