Developer Relations Manager
9 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
CREATIVE SERVICES AT EPIC
What we do
We deliver the most innovative gaming experiences possible to players across the world. Whether through community outreach, world-class events, or partnership integrations, the Epic Games Creative Services team delivers creative to surprise players with new experiences every time they drop in to play.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for an experienced Developer Relations Manager to work on Fortnite Creative. The Developer Relations Manager will oversee a growing team's day-to-day tasks and resources within FN Creative mode. The ideal candidate has experience leading a creator-facing team, a passion for delivering excellent support to all creators, is proactive, reactive and has a strong vision for building a developer relations department that supports Fortnite Creative.
In this role, you will
- Develop and Lead a cross-functional team to build relationships across the organization to ensure that the team collaborates effectively and provides value to Engineering, Publishing, Product, Education, and other departments.
- Grow, support, and inspire a community of developers and content publishers of user-generated content
- Implement efficiencies in process and communication that improve the experience of both internal and external creators.
- Identify areas for change and monitor ongoing processes in the creator community.
- Foster a team to provide feedback and insights on the tools and community
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for your team interfacing between the Dev Team and Creators.
- Facilitate in-person creator and partner interactions in conjunction with the event and partnership teams.
- Establish and reinforce best practices for developer relations.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree (computers, math, science preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical, customer-facing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent logistic, project and resource management skills
- Passion for mentoring and helping other developers
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of problem-solving and works proactively to improve processes
- Knowledge of the Fortnite Creative (preferred)
- Passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO, takes calculated risks to create maximum impact
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.