Developer Relations Manager (Harbour)
9 days ago
Harbour: online solutions at Ubisoft
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As Harbour’s Developer Relations Manager, you'll be the main contact for partners, i.e., game production teams and others.
Responsible for representing all products and services, and increasing and encouraging Harbour platform adoption, you'll work with a variety of stakeholders to collect, assess, and give feedback on department products to influence future developments.
You'll inform partners of new and upcoming features, planned enhancements, and best practices for implementation and use.
Overall, you'll use your relationships and the data you collect to shape the roadmap for continuous improvement.
What you'll do
- Ensure optimal communication with Harbour developers + collaborate with partners to coordinate ideas and requests.
- Evaluate partners' needs + propose appropriate products and services.
- Gather data on current issues and feedback from various teams + break them down into solutions to build and improve department products.
- Follow up on requests and issues raised by partners + respond to frontline concerns and integration issues.
- Inform partners of new features and enhancements as well as the capabilities offered by department products.
- Guide initiatives to convert production teams to department products in an efficient manner.
- Organize prototyping, communication strategies, and information sessions with various teams or at Ubisoft events.
- Keep abreast of technological advances, industry trends, and best practices in developer relations.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in product or software development (or other relevant experience)
- A technical or business degree (or related training)
- Good interpersonal skills to build and maintain healthy relationships
- Effective communication: you're comfortable communicating formally and informally in French and English + you can explain technical elements to non-technical audiences
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to gain a deep understanding of your collaborators’ needs to meet them in the best possible way
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.