This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our IT Department for designing and developing web applications. As part of the IT Customer & Marketing Solutions team located in Montreal, you will be working mainly on public web projects for various areas like Community, Customer Management or Digital Marketing. You will be involved in projects spanning multiple countries on a daily basis.
If you are passionate about designing and implementing Web Applications, enjoy setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges, we have the right job for you.
The main tasks for an IT Developer are to:
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes;
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that best answers clients’ needs;
- Support the developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Work with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, propose alternative options to improve applications to reduce effort or technical debt;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Manage time effectively by establishing deadlines and personal work plans;
- Create technical documentation that is quality driven in terms of deliverables;
- Work with the Support Coordinator after a ticket has been assigned to you, in order to estimate the time necessary to implement corrections and changes in order to solve the issues at hand;
- Effectively communicate relevant project/team related information to superiors;
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing;
- Suggest system improvements and offer alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging and supporting of online applications;
- Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks;
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes;
- Staying up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 1+ years’ experience as a Developer within a professional software development environment in ASP.Net tech stack (C#, WebApi);
- 1+ year's experience in database programming (SQL or NoSQL);
- Front end experience, ReactJS is a plus.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Agile Development;
- Continuous Integration/Deployment;
- Unit Testing/TDD;
- NodeJS ecosystem (nodejs, webpack, npm, etc);
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
- Autonomous and resourceful;
- Fast learner;
- Detail oriented;
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Team player;
- Easily adaptable;
- Being able to meet deadlines.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.