This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA, United States
5 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for :
Skillz is looking to hire an experienced Developer Evangelist with a passion for developer education, gaming, and is excited about building new programs and relationships. This role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Senior Product Marketing Manager.
As the first Developer Evangelist hire, you will have a significant role in shaping the direction of developer evangelism at Skillz. You will be heavily focused on creating external relationships with development communities (physical and digital) to advocate that more game developers join the Skillz community.
You are a person who is exceptionally skilled at building rapport and credibility across an eclectic mix of personalities. You don’t shy away from public speaking, are a self-described gamer, developer and have a marketer’s flare.
What You Will Do :
- Identify and attend events to speak, network, and drive product adoption amongst game developer communities
- Promote the Skillz value proposition to digital communities, and be able to directly tie activities to results
- Build out an external brand ambassador program that further amplifies the Skillz brand
- Reports regularly on how developer evangelist efforts are helping drive hard business KPIs
- Relays customers concerns internally, resulting in regular product feedback
- Build out product demos that highlight the Skillz technology to increase excitement around our developer value proposition
Your Skillz :
- B.A in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of game development and/or developer evangelism experience
- Technical knowledge of Unity, programming languages, SDKs, and developer tools
- Experience presenting technical topics to a developer audience
- Experience participating in online communities
- Exceptional communication. Highly tuned written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of the gaming ecosystem is a plus
- Mobile game development experience is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .