18 days ago
We’re looking for a Developer Advocate to join our Developer Advocate team. The Developer Advocate team is the face of Unity Technologies and often the first contact our users have with us, both online and in person. You’ll get to travel to meet developers at different locations around the world.
As a Developer Advocate for Operate Solutions, you will be tasked with helping creators successfully build their live games by delivering exciting technical presentations, instructing best practices and driving awareness of new features.
What you’ll be doing
- Build engaging content (demos, slide decks, etc.) to get game developers passionate about Unity’s technology and services
- Deliver presentations and demos online, at trade shows, community events and conferences. With a focus on live games
- Visit (virtually) video game companies to show them the latest features, solutions and techniques to successfully build and operate live games
- Be the voice of the game development community, bringing impactful feedback to marketing, product and engineering teams
- Engage with game developers through different platforms; social media, forums, etc
What we’re looking for
- A clear communicator that is passionate about helping others succeed
- Experience working with Unity as a programmer
- Deep understanding of different architectures and standard methodologies for different game genres
- Supervise record working closely with engineering and marketing teams
- Proficient English speaker
You might also have
- Experience leading communities in the technology space
- Experience working on games, particularly mobile and other game engines and frameworks
- Experience as a developer advocate, technical evangelist or similar role
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.