Security DevOps Manager
14 days ago
Activision, the publisher of the hit Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a hardworking Security DevOps Manager to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Architecture and Engineering function. If you're a passionate gamer with a security and systems engineering background, we'd love to have you on our team. The mission of the Security DevOps team is to increase organizational efficiency through technology integrations, and workflow automations, allowing teams to focus on technological innovation and process refinement instead of dealing with highly repetitive activities across physical, virtual and cloud computing. The Security DevOps Manager will both lead the team, mentor and upskill the security engineers; and define the strategy for supporting the transformation of the whole security department towards a gitOps model. Furthermore, the Security DevOps team will partner with Security Architecture in defining best practices and policies around securing CI/CD pipelines, IaC scanning policies, etc...
This role reports into the Senior Manager, Security Engineering and maintains strong relationships with all line-of-business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a dedicated team of security engineers and architects who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critically important infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security across our enterprise. Qualified candidates will have a background in IT, computer, security systems analysis and engineering.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Providing leadership and decision making for all aspects of Security DevOps across IT programmes and solutions
- Identify gaps in our current processes, workflows and design solutions; and recommend changes or enhancements as needed to improve efficiency through automation and scalability
- Work with other teams to drive new projects, product implementations configuration reviews, ensuring that optimal standards are maintained
- Partner with other security teams to guide them through SRE and DevOps best practices.
- Coordinate technology procurement choices for automation systems and system controls in partnership with security architecture
- Define the gitOps framework for the Security department and provide to other functional areas outside Security
- Act as a Tech Leader for the Security DevOps team, influencing team’s technical decisions and goals
- Act as a Team Leader for the Security DevOps team, looking after their wellbeing and career path, managing and mentoring a group of experienced engineers.
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or information security engineer
- Display technical excellence in Cloud Native technologies as well as multidisciplinary capabilities in coding, networking, governance, project management, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Platforms like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Detailed understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Ability to tackle problems independently as well as collaborate as a team to iron out sophisticated problems in support of the team’s mission
- Knowledge of industry standards for foundational security elements including network devices and system-level hardening
- Hands-on experience in gitOps frameworks using tools like ArgoCD, Jenkins, DroneCI, GitLab, GitHub, etc; and infrastructure as code such us Terraform or Ansible
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Thorough understanding of cloud security best practices and solutions in cloud security posture management and cloud security workload management.
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management frameworks in cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with serverless functions
- Hands-on experience with log collection, normalizing, and management; security infrastructure and policies; and risk mitigation
- Strong grasp of the current security threat landscape and common tactics, techniques and procedures used in offensive security
- Knowledge of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) products.
- Knowledge of operating systems and database security
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.