This job might no longer be available.
DevOps Specialist (AWS)
24 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced Linux Administrator (DevOps) with in depth knowledge of AWS cloud to join our Global Network Services (GNS) team. As a member of GNS Business team working under E-Commerce mandate you’ll participate in creating, deploying and scaling our E-Commerce AWS cloud infrastructure running fully scalable, resilient and highly available microservice e-commerce application. You will participate in maintaining and improving a newly deployed Fraud ML AWS data ingestion and prediction pipeline. You will also create, maintain and improve GitLab CI/CD pipeline for E-Commerce DevOps and Development teams.
As a Linux Administrator (DevOps), this opportunity will allow you to work in a cutting-edge online micro services environment using a lot of technologies. You'll also be able to work on automatic deployment and management of an infrastructure in the cloud.
- Work with DevOps best practices to implement CI/CD pipelines to design, and build systems that are scalable, stable and efficient;
- Monitor system and Identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation;
- Implement automation of recurrent tasks through scripting; (Python, Bash, Go);
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures;
- Participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis;
- Participate in evaluation new requirements; technical designs, the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Troubleshoot emergency situations, (must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required);
- Answer user’s query and service requests.
Training and relevant experience
- B.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience;
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, SRE, or similar technical role with Kubernetes/Docker emphasis;
- 1+ experience deploying and maintaining cloud applications using AWS.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience and understanding of designing robust, scalable and highly available infrastructure on premise/cloud/hybrid;
- Experience working with Cloud providers such as AWS, Google, Azure;
- Excellent knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker Helm and Rancher;
- Expertise in Linux operating systems (CentOs, RHEL, Debian);
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Go, Python);
- Good knowledge of automations and orchestration tools (Chef, Docker, Kubernetes);
- Good knowledge of Terraform (nice to have);
- Good knowledge of technologies of ELK and other monitoring tools;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Mysql, Postgres;
- Experience in Web Servers (Apache, Nginx);
- Good knowledge of Gitlab, GitHub(CI/CD);
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written.
*** Our offices will be closed for the holiday season to give our teams a well-deserved rest. The processing of your application may take longer than usual, but we will give it our full attention once we return.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.