DevOps Software Engineer | Minecraft
8 days ago
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and more. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Minecraft team! This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of build infrastructure and automation pipelines supporting multiple platforms. Come put your knowledge and skills to work in a fun, collaborative and dynamic game development environment!
- Monitor and address issues relating to automated systems and build infrastructure
- Address build issues and make suggestions for improvements
- Create, maintain and improve automation pipelines
- Provide updates on assigned tasks and identify project risks
- Provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience within the game development industry
- Experience with DevOps, automation pipelines or continuous integration
- Proficiency in C++, Python and/or Powershell
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external teams
- Strong problem-solving skills with a quick ability to learn new tasks
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Knowledge of CMake, NinjaBuild and/or MSBuild
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.