This job might no longer be available.
DevOps Engineer (m/f)
7 months ago
Wargaming is an exciting division within Wargaming that acts as a proving ground for innovative and outstanding multiplatform game projects. We drive results through teamwork, passion and smart data-driven decisions. We deliver legendary game experiences such as World of Tanks and World of Warships Blitz that are enjoyed by millions of people worldwide. But our games are only as good as the people behind them!
Wargaming is currently on the lookout for an experience DevOps Engineer to join our the Central tech team in our Berlin office. In this role you will have a direct impact on the quality of services and games we deliver globally, with opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and tools. If you know that you can thrive in a team of passionate and driven people who are committed to delivering legendary game experiences then we’d love to hear from you.
The DevOps Engineer will report to the Senior Engineering Manager
What will you do?
- Build and maintain the infrastructure that underpins our multiplatform game
- Provide 24/7 support to our games development engineers
- Assist game teams in optimizing their server architecture for reliability, cost, and performance
- Participate in Greenfield projects (microservices, web services) from the start
- Build self-service deployment tools and optimize deployment patterns for ease of use and reliability
- Perform automatization and then even more automatization
- Share your knowledge within your team and mentor junior team members
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years professional experience with Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency in Bash scripting and Python
- Docker knowledge
- Deployment scripts and release engineering (Jenkins, Bash, Python, RPM, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong team player mentality
- Flexibility and agility to work in a startup environment
- Experience from Games Industry is a strong plus
- A passion for gaming
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of Java or other similar programming languages
- Experience with Terraform, Salt or similar tools
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multiplatform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Flexible working hours & work from home
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!