7 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our team supports the engineering and research teams (approx. 50 people) working on the MetaHuman framework, which incorporates digital humans into Unreal Engine, and other capture-based initiatives. We administer the CI and infrastructure for their projects, and where appropriate provide guidance on CD and processes, such as developer workflow, release management, and also build system configuration. Our role is vital to project velocity, in both keeping everything running smoothly, aiding in resolving dev-based issues, queries, and fulfilling feature requests.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to work within our engineering unit that stands behind MetaHuman.
In this role you will work closely with multiple teams to develop and maintain CI infrastructure and tooling needed for projects to be completed efficiently. In addition, you will help in the development and maintenance of our new generation pipeline that will serve a wide range of our asset production teams throughout the process of transferring and processing large quantities of data from various locations across the world.
The ideal candidate has a focus on delivering for users, is interested in various technologies and enjoys working as part of a larger distributed team.
In this role, you will
- Maintain a variety of services both in the cloud and on prem
- Help in maintaining our pipeline, managed with Docker, Kubernetes and CodeFresh, as well as, our custom build and package management tools
- Write and maintain playbooks and user documentation for operational activities
- Runbooks for identifying and recovering from operational issues
- Ansible playbooks for provisioning both Windows and Linux machines
- Create and maintain documentation for utilizing our CI infra and related tooling
- Provisioning new AWS infrastructure through the use of Terraform
What we're looking for
- Experienced with scripting languages, such as python, bash or powershell
- AWS expert (IAM, S3, EC2, VPC, ELB, Route53, Amazon MQ, FSx, AD)
- Experience with Docker (Dockerfile, docker-compose, networking and volume management, CI pipelines) and Kubernetes (operational knowledge).
- Experience in using Terraform to manage AWS infrastructure
- Experience with scripting Windows and Linux administration
- Strong networking skills and experience in configuring, and debugging, networks (TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, tying that into AWS’s VPC)
- Nice to have skills:
- Ansible (provisioning Linux and Windows machines)
- Jenkins (master/agent configuration, Jenkinsfile (declarative+scripted), Groovy)
- Monitoring of cloud and container services (Sumo, New Relic)
- Deadline Render Farm
- Working CMake knowledge
This position is listed in multiple locations across Europe including
Novi Sad, Serbia
Manchester, United Kingdom
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Being A PART OF 3LATERAL TEAM
Our mission is to evolve through exploring abstract landscapes of art and science, exciting new technologies and, most importantly, through nurturing continuous multi-disciplinary communication and company values among our team members. Our talented and devoted individuals are all gathered around the same vision of creating and constantly improving technology that allows creation of high-fidelity replicas of human appearance and motion with special focus on real time and usable across all digital mediums.
In order to ensure a supportive and collaborative environment we:
- Enable professional long-term career development through continuous education and specialization
- Work with exciting new technologies and ambitious, industry changing, projects
- Attendance at the leading seminars and conferences from the industry
- Sustain personal goals through family-oriented work regulations
- Empower autonomy of thinking and acting
- Pleasant working atmosphere in our cozy offices with friendly and well-minded individuals
- Work from home model during pandemic
We are looking for new team members who can inspire us and are willing to give us a chance to inspire them, contribute to their ideas, skills and knowledge. With joint forces with our mother company Epic Games we are continually developing the state of the art in Unreal Engine as a leading team for creation of next generation virtual humans and creatures.