16 days ago
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Cloud Development Engineer with a focus on build and deployment automation tooling. This position will become a part of our cloud infrastructure team that builds internal infrastructure, cloud services, deployment tooling and workflows to empower development teams across the company. Our mission is to bring next-generation tools and practices to game development and online game services. This is an opportunity for creating a developer-friendly CI/CD platform, working with Kubernetes, Helm charts and service mesh applications.
We operate at a massive scale, move quickly, and create solutions that enable Epic’s development teams to deliver powerful platforms and engaging experiences, including Fortnite and many other Epic services. You’ll get to work on real-world infrastructure serving hundreds of developers and millions of concurrent players. You will work together with the engineering teams behind the Epic Game Store, Epic Online Services, and Fortnite to ship great experiences for players and partners.
- Design and implement state of the art deployment tooling for online games
- Leverage emerging cloud technologies to provide self-service workflows that enable development teams to build, test, release, scale and support online games and services continuously, with high confidence
- Build applications to provide visibility and control of complex release workflows and deployments at scale
- Operate Epic's cloud platform and provide service owner support and participate in incident escalations
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Go, Python, Shell)
- Administrative experience with CI/CD systems
- Proven experience with AWS and cloud infrastructure
- Created architecture for a service running in AWS that serves businesses or the public at scale
- Hands-on experience with network administration: VPCs, ACLs, subnets, peering, DNS knowledge etc.
- Infrastructure as code experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with RESTful services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
- Kubernetes domain expertise
- Operating Kubernetes clusters with applications at scale
- Experience of implementing deployment scripts with deployment models for Kubernetes services
- Hands-on experience with Docker containerization
- You are familiar with service meshes and secure service to service communications
Preference to candidates with:
- Familiarity with metrics and logging tools (eg. New Relic, SumoLogic, Grafana)
- Experience with Linux and Docker internals
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- Working at scale
- Passion for gaming
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.