This job might no longer be available.
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
2 months ago
The Challenge Ahead:
We are seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure, and maintain systems that empower our teams to create experience to delight our players worldwide. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of the design and deployment of services and tools that facilitate testing and deployment for EA’s central teams, along with studios around the world.
The DevOps Engineer is a member of the Development Technology Services (DTS) team at Electronic Arts. The DTS team is on the forefront of emerging technology, creating and optimizing tools that enable our teams to code better and deliver our titles at the highest quality possible. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope, striving for ‘Quality by Design’ wherever possible.
What a Systems Engineer does at EA:
The DevOps Engineer works as a member of the Engineering Services Central Technology Team, responsible for the continued development of our infrastructure capabilities and expand support for technologies used to deliver mission critical tools and services to our partner game teams. This particular position focuses on leveraging .NET and Windows technologies deployed in studio, along with cloud enabled services written primarily within the JVM as needed.
- Supports and maintains the current build, release, and test infrastructure, along with support for deployed services and tools owned by ESCTT and used by partner teams as part of the development of EA titles.
- Partners with developers as a subject matter expert for infrastructure design and operation during the development of upcoming features and new tools
- Works with other members of the team to respond to outages and alerts quickly to ensure availability of our online services.
- Works with leadership to refine processes that support a culture of quality and high availability.
- Automates processes to increase efficiencies wherever possible.
- Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
- Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
- Maintains deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Chef, etc.)
- Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
The next great EA DevOps Engineer needs:
- Bachelors Degree (Or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in a DevOps or SRE (Systems Reliability Engineer) related role or similar experience.
- Experience using AWS services in the deployment and operation of containerized services via Kubernetes and Docker. Experience with the operation of JVM related applications and webservices a strong plus.
- Knowledge in Windows Systems Administration and the operation of .NET services inside and outside of IIS.
- Knowledge of Linux Systems Administration on popular distributions, including CentOS, Ubuntu, Gentoo, and others.
- Experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools. (Sensu, Nagios, Keynote, Argent, Logicmonitor, Influx, Prometheus etc.). Working knowledge of ELK and Grafana an asset.
- Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and native Active Directory tools, such as Group Policy.
- Strong infrastructure automation skills – automating tasks in Powershell, Ruby, and Python primarily but other programming languages are welcome as well; the more the better.
- Operational knowledge of virtualization platforms, such as VMWare.
- Experience with automating server and software deployments, along with build processes, updating existing scripts, and writing new ones as necessary.
- Knowledge of essential operational support of databases, including SQL Server, MySQL, and others.