12 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
POSITION TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DevOps
Location: Prefer Orlando open to EST time zone locations.
- The Development Release Engineer is part of a centralized team (DRE), responsible for DevOps across EA. You will provide important end-to-end Continuous Integration/Deployment services to several game titles within EA across a variety of platforms. You will ensure the systems are running smoothly, gather requirements, provide feedback, and manage configuration management and development build/test automation infrastructure solutions. You will report to the DRE Director for NA-East.
- Maintain scripts and software to build games
- Maintain virtualized automation farms, find and address issues
- Monitor metrics to improve automation systems
- Maintain tools, integrations, and technologies to support a reliable release environment
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project risks while meeting project deadlines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2+ year Software development experience
- Knowledge in one of the following: C#, C++, Python, Perl, or Java
- Experience with one or more DevOps tool chain – Source Control (Git, Perforce, SVN), Jenkins, Chef, Terraform
- Self-manage work within deadlines
- Work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Experience writing, debugging and optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures in MS SQL or similar SQL-based database server
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Nomad, and Consul
- Experience of art pipelines
- Experience with distributed build systems
- Experience with large-scale, high-availability, high-throughput automation systems
- Knowledge in gaming consoles