12 days ago
Are you a seasoned backend developer with experience as a Cloud or Infrastructure engineer?
We at CoolGames are looking for such a DevOps Engineer to join our game development team in the heart of Amsterdam. Either fully remote or hybrid depending on your location or relocation plans.
Who are we
CoolGames is a leading HTML5 game development company. We bring fun and engaging gaming experiences to players on the world’s most popular social platforms. Companies like Rovio and Hasbro choose us to bring their world famous game brands like Angry Birds and Battleship to millions of players around the globe.
We are a company which believes it’s important to constantly improve and innovate as we strive to be the best. We work in an informal environment with enthusiastic and smart individuals from all over the world to design and create great games.
As a backend developer with DevOps specialization you will be part of the game development team, providing them with backend services hosted on Amazon infrastructure. You will work with the Head of Development, project leads, and backend developers. Our backend stack consists of two languages: Golang and partially NodeJS and Python. Experience with one or more of these languages is a big plus.
You will collaborate closely with game developers, continuously improving on integrating our backend solutions. This includes setting up new infrastructure (infrastructure as code), maintaining pipelines and deployment of existing games, as well as contributing to the maintenance and development of internal tooling related to AWS deployments and infrastructure. You manage your own schedule with a view to delivering robust infrastructure and developing backend services to meet established deadlines.
The responsibilities include reporting on AWS costs, advising infrastructure optimizations, performing code reviews for releases, incident response, and making sure our infrastructure remains stable, performant and up to date.
The right candidate has most of the following qualities.
- Solid knowledge of linux and infrastructure best practices;
- Solid understanding of network communication protocols;
- Experience with Ansible and Docker;
- You have knowledge of and experience in the following development concepts: CI/CD, DevOps, Agile/Scrum;
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and have strong communication skills;
- You have a good command of the English language;
- Is aware and enforces security best practices.
Good to have:
- At least 2 years of IT commercial experience in system administrating or DevOps area;
- Experience with version control tools like git and automation pipelines;
- Experience with Terraform and AWS is a plus;
- Experience with (some of) our languages/technologies in the backend stack is a plus (including Go, Ansible, Docker, NodeJS, Vault).
Your duties during a working day are:
- Working on monitoring system based on Prometheus, Alertmanager, Cloudwatch;
- Continuously enhance security measures;
- React to incidents and strive to solve the source of the issue;
- Help and guide developers with their requests;
- Build Gitlab pipelines for various repositories;
- Contribute to clear and robust documentation in Confluence;
- Be independent. Do not wait for requests from someone, but take initiative to propose improvements if you see the potential;
- Look after infrastructure costs on AWS platform.
CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- An initial employment contract for one year;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- Functional hybrid work environment with the possibility for (fully or partial) remote work;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam;
- High-end PC, Macbook Pro or other laptop;
- An open, informal and international company culture.