5 days ago
The DevOps Engineer position, reporting to the Live DevOps Lead, is a key role at Build a Rocket Boy. As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for development and automation of LiveOps infrastructure environments, both internal and production.
In this role, you will have a great opportunity to work on a new, ambitious AAA game, and will be involved in building the LiveOps infrastructure of Everywhere from the ground up, utilizing the latest tech and services.
Working closely with the Backend, Network and LiveOps teams, you will help us create, manage and support the LiveOps stack, including Kubernetes clusters with associated backend services, monitoring, and logging systems.
- Hybrid cloud & bare-metal infrastructure automation.
- Manage and support player-facing and developer-facing LiveOps services and systems.
- Kubernetes cluster ownership and operation.
- Create and manage DEV, TEST, STAGE and PROD environments.
- Monitoring & Alert systems deployment and management.
- Logs aggregation systems and lifecycle.
- CI/CD pipelines for multiple game components.
- Work with incoming requests & incidents.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues.
- Minimum 3 years as DevOps or Systems Engineer.
- Solid Linux administering and troubleshooting skills.
- Good Bash/Python scripting expertise in automation and integration.
- AWS/GCP or Azure cloud platforms experience.
- Configuration management tools: Ansible/Puppet/Chef, Terraform/Terragrunt.
- Kubernetes: you know how create and support clusters to sustain a constant high load.
- Networking expertise: modern networks operation and troubleshooting issues.
- Good experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, CloudWatch, etc.
- Logging systems experience like ELK/EFK, Loki, Graylog.
- CI/CD systems and tools experience.
- Git/Perforce/SVN version control systems knowledge.
- Strong communication and cooperation skills, written and verbal, in English.
- C++, Go or C# programming experience
- Unreal Engine 4 build system configuration & programming
- Gitlab or GitHub runners hands-on experience
- GitOps systems knowledge
- Passion for video games
- Desire to work in a unique “AAA Start-up” environment
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.