10 days ago
Job Title:DevOps Engineer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility and creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
Your Mission Description
Activision Blizzard is seeking a hard-working DevOps Engineer to join the Data and Analytics team. The team develops, runs, and operates various cloud/on-prem Integration and analytics tools. The DevOps Engineer will be instrumental in maintaining and improving tools, processes and strive to ensure performance and reliability for our systems. The ideal candidate will have a passion for process improvement by crafting and maintaining delivery pipelines that enable our team to deliver more frequent and enhanced features to our users.
- Collaborate with data engineers and BI analysts to design and implement releases, deployment, and configuration tasks.
- Implement monitoring and alerting solutions to provide insight into application performance and reliability.
- Proactively identify application scaling issues and collaborate with the infrastructure teams to address them.
- Own and be the point of contact for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving production/technical issues.
- Deploy updates, security patches and fixes to application software as needed.
- Work on ways to automate and improve release processes.
- Work with team and manage version control systems.
- Work with engineers and analysts to migrate existing applications to cloud.
- Ensure that BI applications are safe and secure.
- Identifying technical problems and develop software updates and fixes.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar roles supporting a variety of systems.
- Working experience in a myriad of databases, including relational and columnar databases eg:- Oracle, BiqQuery etc.
- Experience with Release Management.
- Experience with application installations, deploying patches and fixes.
- Experience Patching/Upgrading BI and ETL tools such as Tableau/Looker/Informatica.
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Strong experience in Unix and Shell Scripting.
- Strong experience with Python, Java and/or C#.
- High comfort level understanding fundamental technologies like DNS, Load balancing, SSL, high availability, and general networking practices.
- Experience with maintenance and administration of Analytics systems. Eg:- Tableau Server, OBIEE etc.
- Experience with CI/CD to help develop feature and workflow improvements.
- Experience with Cloud Migrations.
- Experience working with Jira and Service now ticketing systems.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Highly organised great teammate with the ability to innovate, multi-task and set priorities effectively.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively and decisively with all levels of management, departments, and outside vendors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with and administering Tableau Server.
- Experience with SAP Data Services ETL tool.
- Experience working with Python & Java.
- Experience working in the entertainment or video game industries.
- Experience with OKTA set up for single sign on login for applications.