DevOps Engineer (Temporary)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
7 days ago
EA Create, Vancouver, Canada
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
TheTools & Technology enables creativity by building and supporting tools and pipelines that move content from third-party digital content creation (DCC) packages into the game engine.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will initially focus on partnering with our development teams to evolve and stabilize our a GitLab CI/CD pipeline. You will work with large-scale systems and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize. You will support a product that can exponentially improve our efficiency by supplying high-quality, curated, and shareable content to teams across EA; content that is designed for maximum utility and longevity. Your role will be important to ensure stability and limited downtime for our tools and will involve some on-call support responsibilities. You will report to the EA Create Tools and Technology Development Manager. You can address problems have a strong attention to detail, focused on uptime and predictability. You are passionate about building automation to reduce manual tasks.
- Support the team to make sure that our tools are tested, discoverable, owned, automated, accessible, and responsible.
- Work with Global IT team to confirm the infrastructure needs are met.
- Support service at scale.
- Provide and maintain new services (e.g. AWS AI, ElasticSearch).
- Ensure downtime is limited with system stability, and managed released windows.
- Allow expansion across the globe.
- Deploy and maintain important applications in a cloud-native, micro-services architecture.
- Manage deployments of our tools on AWS cloud.
- Handle data integrity and replication.
- Develop tools for monitoring, reporting, debugging, and automated deployment.
- Be hands-on in the development cycle to deploy cloud native solutions with our engineers.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Directly support engineering environments, through all stages of development.
- Design, test, and support server infrastructure to assists our development teams.
- Be ready to be the first line of support; monitor support channels, troubleshoot and correct issues.
- Ensure that services fit our needs, are fault tolerant, and stable.
- Make sure that new releases do not interrupt the users
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development and operations.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as GitLab or Jenkins.
- Docker containerization and Kubernetes knowledge with specific emphasis on EKS.
- Experience with diverse teams and partners across complex organizations such as IT, Security to achieve results.
- Awareness of industry standards and keep up with new technology trends.
- Experience building documentation for services.
- Able to discover partner requirements and turn them into relevant technologies
- Good at providing clear messages and keeping partners informed, ask probing questions to come up with smart trade-offs and navigate in intricate interactions.
- Fast and efficient to take on complex situations, bringing clarity
- Good at focusing on urgent tasks among many requests and draw on support for help if the path is not clear.
- Experience working in a diverse and environment that values collaboration
- Quick to learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions
- Familiarity with best practices in software security.
- Background in computer science.
- Experience developing configuration standards.