This job might no longer be available.
DevOps Engineer [IT Live Games] (f/m/d)
14 days ago
As a DevOps Engineer you will develop our project's infrastructure at scale, which extends over private and public clouds. By using well-known infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, CI/CD tools and automation scripts, you will ensure a good integration of it with our in-house developed application and services.
What you will do
- Be in charge of an infrastructure comprising Windows and Linux machines as well as containers, including tasks such as deployments, maintenance, upgrades.
- Collaborate with the team in the journey of further developing and automating this infrastructure, facilitating easier and faster application integration and deployments.
- Support production teams by participating in evaluation of new requirements and technical designs.
- Raise the standard of the infrastructure by following and implementing best practices in terms of both reliability and security.
- Automate recurrent tasks through scripting using DevOps best practices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop and improve monitoring and logging systems to increase availability and good service quality.
- Collaborate in resolving incidents and participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis.
- Ensure collaboration and knowledge sharing, through consistent documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures.
We want you to be a collaborative problem solver who can communicate about problems and solutions both with your team and stakeholders. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Developer or an engineer with a 3+ years of experience in working with infrastructure and cloud environments.
- Experience with monitoring and logging
- Experience of programming in Python.
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux system administration
- Familiar with networking with TCP/IP and network security
- Familiar with Infrastructure as code IaC (example: Terraform)
- Familiar/knowledge in version control
- Configuration management tool (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Nice to have: containerization and container orchestration (we use Docker and Kubernetes).
- Nice to have: knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Other skills or experiences that could be relevant for your role include infrastructure-as-code, logging and monitoring, test automation, system administration, configuration management and databases.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information about Ubisoft Düsseldorf, please also check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
About IT Live Games
This role is part of our IT Live Games team which is composed of Architects as well as Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft and Linux products. They support Ubisoft game development by offering their expertise to the business activities in North America, Europe and Asia.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.