DevOps Engineer - Financial Systems
8 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Our Financial Technology team is looking to add a DevOps engineer to assist with projects generally relating to business system automation, scaling, and analytic reporting. We work directly with teams all across the company, including Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, our Games division, Finance, Accounting, and Analytics (internal data engineers, FP&A, and HR Analytics).
- DevOps engineer or back end engineer looking to broaden career with move to business systems integration development and architecture review (SWE to TPM path)
- Enjoys learning new processes and systems
- Keen ear for process pain points and creativity to propose modern, efficient, and scalable solutions
- Patient listener and teacher; our team interacts with both functional and technical teams and an ability to translate, ask questions, and communication is key
- Prefers around 30/70 split between in-person interactions and heads-down development
Deep experience with:
- Complex systems integrations, in language of choice
- Experience with integration middleware platform (iPaaS)
- Gathering requirements, investigating available solution methods and systems, and implementing solution in preferred method
Light experience and/or willingness to learn:
- AWS account management (provisioning access, program management through Lambda)
- Workday integrations, Workday Prism, Workday Adaptive
- Familiar and excited with the principle of 'infrastructure as code'; willingness to create team documentation for our team to conform with Epic Games industry 'infra as code' standards
If you were on our team in the last month, you would have:
- Worked with solution architects and SMEs from IT, Analytics, InfoSec, eCommerce, etc., to develop and document integrations between internal data and external SaaS systems
- Helped to create roadmap for transferring current Workday integrations to future state integrations using recently added integration middleware
- Develop new integrations based on business and technical requirements
- Assisted in setup and future management of AWS account, used by Finance, HR, and Recruiting systems teams
- Created documentation for existing integration processes, evaluated their compliance with infosec, IT, and legal requirements
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.