Dev Test Lead
3 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What We Need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an exceptional Dev Test Lead to join our development team. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, passionate about games, has outstanding leadership and communication skills, and excels at providing both qualitative and quantitative feedback. In this role you will build and run both the internal and external QA departments, develop incredible partnerships with all disciplines/teams, create and execute impeccable test plans, and ensure the delivery of a high quality gameplay experience.
- Hire, manage, lead, mentor and grow the internal QA team.
- Serve as primary point of contact between QA and Production to ensure department needs are identified and resources allocated.
- Maintain a clear vision of the overall project status, adapt to changes with poise, and proactively surface risks/trade-offs.
- Develop bug reporting standards and provide digestible heartbeat communications.
- Own architecture, population, and maintenance of QA bug database.
- Partner with QA test engineers to create automated solutions for time consuming processes.
- Develop, institute, and maintain thorough test plans to execute at regular intervals.
- Give clear and direct player feedback to disciplines/teams in a timely manner.
- Plan for and onboard an external QA team to adhere and deliver to studio test standards.
- 2+ years as a QA lead on a shipped AAA multi-platform title. 5+ years total in game development.
- Experience managing an external QA team on a shipped title.
- Proactive problem solver with a proven track record for getting ahead of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Jira/Confluence savvy. Jira admin/Miro experience a strong plus.