Dev Support Engineer (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
7 days ago
Job Title:Dev Support Engineer (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Dev Support Engineer you will be empowering our development teams to deliver a world class gaming experience. You will be responsible for assisting our developers with issues they encounter when working with tools and technology. In some cases, you can directly solve problems, and in others you can connect the right developers to resolve issues. By surveying our continuous integration tools, you can prevent or minimize downtime by making developers aware of new breakages.
You will identify areas where improvements can be made and promote changes to make development more efficient. You will be on the front lines of ensuring our studio is operating and functioning at its peak capacity!
Qualified candidates need to be agile and self-starters. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talents in the world.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist developers with issues they encounter while performing their work
- Diagnose issues users run into, identify the underlying issues for developers and provide solutions
- Escalate issues up to the appropriate engineering team if out of scope
- Monitor our continuous integration and chase down breakages
- Suggest ways and implement solutions to improve our efficiency, such as updating error messages for better clarify
- Create and maintain documentations on tools and processes
- Develop tools to automate repetitive tasks & solve frequent issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
- Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
- Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++, Python, and C#
- Experience with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Experience with task tracking software (JIRA, Hansoft, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven individual with ability to work independently with little supervision
- Growth oriented and desire to keep improving
- Able to multitask and take on multiple assignments at the same time
- Passion for games
- Experience working with game development teams, have a deep understanding of all aspects of the content creation pipeline
- Project management skills
- Technical Art, Technical Design, or Computer Science background
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.