Dev Ops Lead
Vancouver, BC, Canada
20 days ago
The Dev Ops Lead provides technology solutions and engineering services to support BBI’s development of high quality games. You will be evaluating a variety of development processes and empowering our teams in making decisions based on metrics and helping them to maximize their productivity and effectiveness. You will also be overseeing our continuous integration & deployment automation, helping increase the speed, reliability and effectiveness of build processes and automated tests.
- Lead the team responsible for smooth operation of development & test environments.
- Create and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems and development workflows.
- Maintain existing automation infrastructure and improve as needed.
- Develop tools & solutions that benefit multiple teams.
- Build a culture of sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Development, QA, and Operations.
- Maintain the Dev Ops roadmap, including vision, backlog, tasks and priorities.
- Degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of CI/CM experience
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions
- Experience maintaining build automation in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, Azure Pipelines)
- Experience developing tools using object-oriented languages and scripting (e.g. C++, C#, Groovy, Python, Powershell)
- Experience with source-control systems such as Perforce and Git, and with branching strategies for release management and live operations.
Preference for candidates with the following:
- Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and Postgresql
- Experience with operational intelligence/monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk, Prometheus, Zabbix)
- Experience with container orchestration and micro-services management tools (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with Unity 3D, Unreal, or other similar full-featured game engine.
- Passion for gaming
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.