This job might no longer be available.
Detection and Response Engineer
16 days ago
Job Title:Detection and Response Engineer
Activision Blizzard is looking for a talented and motivated Detection and Response Engineer to join its ranks. This role is part of a 24x7x365 global operations team which partners closely with other operational departments. The team leverages a ‘follow the sun’ support model with typical shifts occurring during normal business hours per region. The ideal candidate will have prior training and experience in information security operations with broad experience supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and will be looking for an excellent opportunity to merge their twin passions for gaming and security.
Role & Responsibilities
- Monitor Blizzard’s networks for potential security risks or anomalies
- Perform security event analysis and triage
- Participate in the incident response process under the guidance of an Incident Manager
- Provide customer support for common security issues (e.g. multi-factor authentication, password management)
- Assist with creating and fine-tuning security alerts in the SIEM
- Assist with creating and enhancing GSOC operating procedures and related documentation
- Generate periodic and ad hoc reports on security metrics
- Support security awareness activities (e.g. new hire training, security bulletin distribution)
- 2+ years of experience in a security operations role, or a mix of relevant security and IT experience
- Experience with major operating systems and computer networking in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with all phases of a typical incident response process
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Security; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages, especially for use in task automation
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in Korean. Business proficiency in English verbal and written.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Willingness to work different shifts, holidays, or weekends if required
- Willingness to travel occasionally in support of Blizzard events