Destiny Narrative Manager
9 days ago
Are you excited by storytelling games, but also excited by developing people? Do you take pride in your coaching and mentorship skills? Bungie is looking for an experienced lead to help manage Bungie’s growing Narrative discipline.
As a Narrative Manager at Bungie you will strategize with the Narrative Discipline Director on strengthening, and extending the organizational infrastructure of our narrative team. You will partner closely with the Narrative Directors and Leads to make sure the narrative team is effectively meeting current and anticipated project needs. You will recruit, teach, coach, and mentor with the singular focus of building the industry’s most engaged, happy, and ever-learning narrative organization in the industry. You will help guide and train new managers, participate extensively in the recruitment process, organize, and drive craft development, and assist in the performance review process. You will also oversee the performance management process for the narrative department. While we value and desire a strong narrative background, this role is primarily focused on people management and organizational health.
- Build strong relationships with project directors across discipline to ensure franchise needs are being met
- Manage career growth, compensation, team composition, and motivation of all direct reports
- Manage performance review cycles to ensure proper feedback is given and that promotions are awarded fairly with consistent standards
- Establish a culture of strong management in the department, and ensure that clear feedback is given, accountability is high, diversity is respected, and narrative designers feel supported
- Scour the industry for best practices in craft, culture, and management, developing and leading strategies to mentor and grow our talent
- Support Narrative recruiting efforts at Bungie in identifying, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring talent
- Work with the Narrative Discipline Director to define department philosophies, strategies, and values
- Work with creative and design directors to improve organization, processes, practices, and communication in the department
- Proven experience managing and/or leading a narrative organization of 10+ people
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Ability to build trust and develop healthy relationships
- Possesses excellent conflict resolution skills
- Experience hiring, managing, and mentoring people
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.