This job might no longer be available.
Destiny Associate Quest Designer (New Grad / Early in Career)
15 days ago
Do you take pride in your ability to understand exactly what a player wants and deliver it to them in a clear, smooth, and reliable manner? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that values diversity and jealously guards work-life balance?
Bungie is seeking a technical, analytical, and collaborative Associate Quest Designer for the Destiny Expansion Team. This Quest Designer is responsible for assisting with the conception, implementation, and refinement of progression & rewards content throughout the campaign and post-campaign experiences. As an Quest Designer on Destiny, you will learn how to build compelling content that keeps players enthralled in a continually evolving persistent world; working with a variety of different disciplines to produce cohesive and rewarding experiences.
An exceptional candidate is technically savvy, hungry to learn, and is excited about being part of a culture of collaboration where teams are stronger than heroes.
NOTE: Eligible applicants must be graduated from a college, university, or related program within 12 months, or planning to graduate this year, or moving from primarily learning to primarily working within 12 months or transitioning from one craft, function, or discipline to a new one
- Work with a small team to create a wide variety of pursuit and reward-based systems
- Perform scripting and tool work
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines and teams to create sustainable systems that excite and engage players
- Design creative additions and improvements for existing systems
- Tune gameplay values to create compelling moments and a satisfying progression curve
- Experience working with game development software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work as part of a large team and ability to take feedback and direction appropriately
- Familiarity with various game investment practices
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.