Desktop Support Specialist
8 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Maintain Office Network Connectivity: Printers, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Video Conference systems, VoIP Phones, etc.
- Desktop Support: Includes problems related with Email Clients/Email Profiles, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Printers, i/o issues, MS Office Suite issues, Browser issues, iCloud, Migration, Time Machine Backups, Disk/file system issues, Operating System issues, etc.
- Onboarding/Offboarding: IT Hardware/Software Procurement (includes weekly reporting to accounting), Computer Provisioning and Deprovisioning (Imaging/Restoring), Shipping & Logistics for shipping out provisioned hardware to new and existing employees as well as recollecting back hardware from departing employees, Running the weekly IT Onboarding Sessions for new employees, Provisioning/Deprovisioning user accounts and access, and Enforcing IT Policies & Procedures.
- Inventory Management: keep track of mobile devices, laptops, desktops, cintiqs, apple tvs, monitors, & etc. Maintain software license database (who is currently issued what).
- Ticketing system: Using JIRA for all desktop support requests, Performing Root Cause Analysis, Adding solutions to the Knowledge Base.
- System Upgrades & Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot and upgrade hardware/software as needed.
- Working on other IT tasks & projects as needed.
- Proficiency with Mac operating systems: OS X Imaging/Recovery, Diagnostics, Users & Groups, Networking, Security, FileVault, iCloud, Migration Assistant, Keychain, Time Machine, Disk Utility, Activity Monitor, Terminal.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems: OS Imaging/Recovery, Safe Mode, Local User Accounts/User Profiles, Computer/Disk Management, Networking, Security, Installing and Uninstalling Programs & OS Components, Windows Update, Email Profiles, Installing Drivers as needed.
- Browser Problems Troubleshooting: Mostly Chrome, Occasionally Safari, Firefox, IE.
- Printers: Installing drivers and adding a printer as a network printer.
- Network Troubleshooting: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
- Microsoft Office Knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong understanding and experience with mobile devices and tablets: iOS & Android, setting email inboxes to devices.
- G-Suite, Dropbox, Slack, JIRA, and OneLogin experience required: Administering these platforms as well as knowledge from how to use these products as an end user.
- Video Conference Systems knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to provide professional and interpersonal communication when interacting with others.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pound items, packages, or boxes without assistance.
- Must have a car and be able to drive for work related needs. Any work related mileage outside of commuting between home and work will be reimbursed.
- This position requires on-site presence. This team member will provide IT support to the offices, work on tasks that requires shippings and logistics and needs to be present at the offices during normal office hours.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.