Desktop Support Specialist
18 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision ( Plans Vary )*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
* Only applies to full-time positions.
We are looking for a savvy Desktop Support Specialist, who can provide high-quality, professional technical support for our enterprise users. This position includes deploying and troubleshooting all hardware, operating systems, applications, network printers, internet issues, and everything IT. If you’re interested in growing your IT career in the creative world of gaming, then this is the right role for you!
- Provide end-user support for macOS, iOS, Windows, and networking issues.
- Troubleshoot and support Google Meet video conference systems.
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding all new hires and existing employees from an IT standpoint.
- System Administrator for following: G Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox Business, JIRA, Github, Slack, Autodesk (Maya), OneLogin (SSO), Perforce, HockeyApp, EZoffice.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory system for all IT-related equipment.
- Document standards, best practices, and policies and contribute to IT FAQs and Knowledge Base.
- Image and deploy computers and other devices.
- Other general end-user support and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Shipping IT equipment & supplies, including traveling to a shipping & delivery service.
- Position starts off remote but may convert to working onsite in an office.
- May include travel to various Bay Area locations (ex. shared workspaces, inventory storage, FedEx).
- Passion for solving technical problems.
- Experience with some or all of these apps: G-Suite, Dropbox, Slack, JIRA, and/or OneLogin.
- 2-3 years of experience with help desk / desktop support in a professional environment.
- Proficient in macOS and Windows.
- Ability to transport and ship IT equipment & supplies.
- Video Conference Systems knowledge.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be able to travel or work onsite when needed.
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong Windows support experience.
- Inventory Management experience.
- Onboarding/Offboarding experience.
- Experience with single sign-on solutions, mobile device management (MDM) - Jamf Pro
- Love for all types of Games!
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.