Desktop Support Lead
10 days ago
Job Title:Desktop Support Lead
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Desktop Support Lead you will be responsible in leading the Desktop Support team on their day-to-day tasks/projects while working with the Global Desktop Support Team to provide world class end user support.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Plan workloads and delegate tasks
- Ensure team is processing request and incident tickets effectively to meet/exceed SLAs (including onboarding/offboarding/legal hold requirements, etc.)
- Provide clear directions to the team members to meet/exceed customer needs
- Administer effective frontline line desk assistance and remote support to customers
- Develop strategies to tackle issues to have a backup plan where a particular strategy might not be effective
- Implement a central problem management route to handle end users and team members’ queries and complaints (de-escalation skills)
- Provide guidance and support to team members’ concerns and needs to keep a harmonious and effective team
- Take measures of crisis management to control all effects that may arise from customer problems and complaints to avoid escalation
- Organize training and/or plan for team members to receive proper training on up-to-date best practices and policies in handling help desk related issues
- Showcase level of expertise by providing satisfactory explanations and solution to customer questions and issues to gain their confidence
- Assess individual/team performance and provide feedback to IT management for continuous improvement
- Keep record of team activities/projects including Support Desk tickets to ensure deliverables and SLAs are met, and be able to present reports to management upon request for evaluation
- Keep reliable and up-to-date documentation via SOPs or KB Articles
- Create/manage processes that will elevate productivity, excellence in communication and monitor service delivery to determine areas of lapses then implement process improvements
- Create good working relationship amongst members of the Desktop Support and Service Desk teams (NA/EU/APAC) and across Business Units (Activision, Blizzard and King) to ensure smooth workflows and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of customer relations and management
- Ability to pay attention to time management, as well as possessing analytical skills
- Ability to showcase good leadership skills to inspire individuals in the team and lead by example
- Knowledgeable on O365 main applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledgeable on different ticketing systems (e.g., ServiceNow, Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, etc.)
- Have been a Help Desk Team Lead for minimum of 2 years
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against because of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.