Desinger de Qualité / Quality Designer
8 days ago
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive QA (Montreal) is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on a AAA title in development.
We're looking for an experienced professional who loves data and wants to push the limits on how we use it to make amazing games. Reporting to the QA Development Manager, you'll work cross discipline with developers, partner teams and within QA to literally rewrite the book on how we test our games here at Motive.
You'll ensure EA accomplishes its commitment to putting Players First, by working with our developers and partners to raise the bar on product quality. If that's you then we want to hear from you!
- Mentor QA staff on data usage, helping them integrate data into their daily work by either redesigning or updating their workflows to best use our capabilities.
- Work in collaboration with our Data Analysts to ensure all the data points we need are instrumented in the product and validating that telemetry.
- Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by creating a higher quality player experience.
- Determine how we can use player/internal data to support features at both the design and review stages and bring that voice into those meetings.
- Be the voice of experience. Analyze where we've been and bring those lessons to the table on where we are going.
- Support Development groups dealing with technologies, systems and tools.
- Collaborate and Promote best practices across the franchise, and share experience across multiple studios.
- Help identify technical solutions and data improvement opportunities.
- Author technical briefs based on user stories.
- Report progress and status through regular communication with appropriate managers and other partners.
- A passion for games and player-first mentality.
- Passion for what data can do, and a willingness to experiment.
- Experience with SQL or related query language.
- 3+ years of applicable work experience working in an embedded, integrated product team in a QA capacity.
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, continuous development).
- Experience with game telemetry testing or other data-based testing
- Experience with Data Visualization - Power BI or similar
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python or R.
- Background in scripting, programming, visual scripting.
- Equivalent knowledge or Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science)
- In-depth knowledge of AAA software/game development, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.