1 month ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Designer, UI/UX
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other
Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d
love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As a UX/UI designer on the team, you will be working closely with our UX lead, game designers, engineers, and art leads to create outstanding gameplay experiences through clean, intuitive, and accessible UI. You will be an advocate of the players, championing usability and setting a high bar for Blizzard quality user experiences.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of designers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you.
Join us and help craft our future!
We need your help with:
- A deep understanding of UX/UI best practices and a passion for video games
- Independently creating user journeys, wireframes, information architecture, user flows, mockups and prototypes to communicate designs; and iterate on designs based on feedback from stakeholders and playtests.
- Producing finished design specs with detailed requirements for the final game user interface
- Collaborating with UI engineers to ensure designs are feasible and implemented properly
- Ensuring our game’s UI is accessible to players with a wide range of abilities and experience
- Embracing Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe
space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines
You’re good at:
- Pitching designs in a clear, detailed manner, through strong
written and verbal communication skills.
- Balancing, prioritizing, and organizing tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-critiquing and accepting outside feedback.
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Extra awesome points for:
- Experience working on a AAA game
- Experience with Controller UI
- Experience implementing your designs in engine
- Enjoy playing a variety of video game genres and titles.
You’ll need to provide us with:
- Your Resume
- Links to portfolio
- Cover Letter (preferred but not required)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options, including remote work arrangements.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $105,598.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $37.26 - $68.93 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.