San Francisco, CA, United States
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Design technology is a key pillar of design execution at PlayStation. Through exploratory prototyping and tools development, Design Technologists accelerate innovation timelines and allow us to achieve more elegant and polished final products.
You will join our team in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization while and explore state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
What We Need You To Do
- Work closely with our design and development teams to understand and advance the design process by developing custom tools, services, and applications, and deeply integrating with those provided by third parties.
- Produce high-quality, high-fidelity application prototypes on aggressive schedules.
- Balance the requirements of speed, flexibility, robustness, and fidelity as they differ per project.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding and documentation standards, and supporting integration.
- Stay current with evolving UI and graphics technologies across web, mobile, and native platforms.
- Bring strong attention to detail, polish, and app performance.
What You Bring
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- Solid background in creative, exploratory coding
- An appreciation of the details of interface design, including motion, sound, and typography
- Practice using web technologies for aesthetic impact, including high frame rate visual effects
- A portfolio of past work based on web technologies (JS/CSS/DOM), UI frameworks (React/Vue/Angular), and related tooling (editors/bundlers/compilers)
- Knowledge of best practices around security, performance, and maintainability
- Experience with common source control and issue tracking workflows
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Unity
- Ability to prioritize in real time in a fast paced, high-stakes environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.