This job might no longer be available.
Design Team Lead (Narrative) [New IP] (512)
7 days ago
The Narrative Design Team Lead is responsible for the narrative features and content of the game as well as having to lead and develop a team of narrative designers with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about People, Drive Performance and Development and Lead in Complexity.
- Build an effective team, ensuring it is fully resourced, manageable and a mix of levels.
- Foster a team player culture; creating an environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow.
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within the team.
- Utilise your experience and knowledge to guide team members towards creating quality and efficient delivery of narrative designs that are aligned with the vision of the Narrative Director/Creative Director.
- Ensure your team participates in standard studio development processes.
- Define good practices and pipelines and ensure they are carried out through regular peer reviews.
- Be responsible for hiring future candidates within the design team.
- Work with the Narrative Director/Creative Director to help establish the tone, voice, theme and style of the game.
- Help create narrative systems that can support the gameplay and liaise with Designers/Directors on ways that the two systems can best serve each other.
- Work with production, other team leads, and directors to help create task estimates and schedules for the team.
- Continually review the narrative design processes to identify potential improvements.
- Be an advocate and ambassador for information sharing across projects.
- Balance any writing and editing requirements with the management responsibilities of a discipline lead.
Skills & Knowledge
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures.
- Strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines (VO, cinematics, audio etc.)
- Familiarity with scheduling, task and issue-tracking tools (Perforce, Jira, etc.).
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of Narrative Designers.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of applications related to documentation (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Confluence, etc.).
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Knowledge of narrative and scriptwriting tools (Final Draft, Inkle, Twine, etc.).
- Familiarity with scripting and/or programming tools.
- Presentation and pitching skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- Worked within Narrative Design or other relevant experience.
- Significant involvement in a published game at a Senior level is a plus.
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.