Design Systems Lead, Apps
16 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Design Systems Lead, Apps reporting to the product design director, at Roblox, you will work closely with creative, technical and brand teams to provide design direction, create elegant designs and explore creative app patterns for uncharted territories. This leadership role balances setting the vision for the evolution of our design system with navigating cross-team and cross-discipline relationships to define, test and build creative UI components for our universal app ecosystem. This requires an imaginative approach on how 2D and 3D app patterns and components can co-exist, and a strong point of view on how these new patterns will be experienced across mobile, desktop, console, TV, VR and beyond. You will lead the strategy and execution of our Roblox Design System, with partnership opportunities across our products in Apps, Studio and Creator. As you deliver the UX framework, design system, AI design efforts and a beloved new visual expression across our ecosystem, you'll make an impact on the hearts and minds of our users around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business.
- Grow and mature our Design System capabilities and toolkits by pioneering new foundations, components, practices and methodologies
- Lead the strategy and implementation of our new Design System and deliver a scalable solution across mobile, desktop, console, TV, VR and beyond
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define concepts and bring new ideas to life in product
- Works extremely closely with Engineering and Product to provide high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work close with Design leadership and bring your unique perspective to influence how we mature and evolve our design studio culture and how we make greater impact across the company
- Experienced, with 7+ years of professional career experience as a UX or product designer with deep experience developing design systems. You have several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level.
- A Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, UX, Game Design, AR/VR, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- A Leader, who is accountable for creativity, design quality and cohesion across all product teams, managing a small team of designers who create thoughtful, elegant, and adaptive design systems with a high degree of polish.
- A Master Artisan, with a love for details, a natural sense for systems design and experience with working with new technologies
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often and encouraging peers to seek out constructive feedback from their manager, partners, teams, and the Product Design team
- Having a mindset that leans into being self organized with your time and work, able to scope out resource needs to accomplish projects and be flexible
- Creative, by using existing frameworks to creatively produce designs and new styles and patterns to enhance the design expression and experience of our Roblox's products.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.