This job might no longer be available.
Design Program Manager, Amazon Games
22 days ago
We are looking for a Design Program Manager to join our Live Operations team in the Amazon Games organization. Design Program Management is a growing practice that works across the entire cross-functional team to ensure that every designer has the support they need to promote creativity and invent customer-focused solutions. You would work hand-in-hand with the UX team to develop end-to-end process, routines, rituals, artifacts, and stakeholder engagement with a big impact on our customers' experience. You would partner with Product Management, Engineering, and more to deliver solutions for Amazon Games platform technology and game development.
Our UX organization is distributed across the West Coast, so we are open to candidates in either the San Diego or Seattle locations. You would report to the Sr. Technical Program Manager within the Live Operations group, and your primary partner would be the Head of UX.
Key job responsibilities
- You effectively manage multiple workflows within the UX team.
- You create, present and deliver short-term solutions with limited guidance, representing the benefits and challenges with each approach.
- You identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- You use your knowledge and skill to decide which actions to take to meet goals.
- You identify process improvement to drive UX team outputs (e.g. metrics, enhancements, improvements, and the addition of relevant use cases).
- You probe assumptions and provide recommendations to illuminate pitfalls and foster a shared understanding.
- You manage and set stakeholder expectations with Product Management, Engineering, and more.
About the team
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry. We’re the place for builders and innovators to unleash their creativity. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, Lost Ark, Blue Protocol, and other unannounced projects. Our initiatives include game development, publishing, marketing, and live operations: integrated business operations to connect players and game developers.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
San Diego, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 2+ years of experience managing projects for a large software business
- Proficiency with project management software such as Asana or Jira
- Experience with standard design process and practices
- Created clear and detailed program documentation
- Comprehension of common design tools such as Figma and Sketch
- Commitment to following through and helping others make decisions
- Expert with Jira and Asana
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Helped teams of designers create a process to clarify ambiguous problems
- Experience as a designer, in service design, in design operations
- Understanding of Accessibility / WCAG best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $66,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $159,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.