Design Intern - Undergraduate
1 month ago
Start Date: July 2021
Duration: 12 months
Location: London, UK
Type: Internship, Undergraduate student (Placement between 2nd and 3rd year)
Closing Application Date: 22nd January 2021
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2020, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz for the third year running. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our London Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are seeking a Game Design Intern with a genuine passion for the trade, to join the world’s #1 racing game!
Are you a motivated and proactive Cross-Teams player, eager to perfect your craft and the outcome of your work?
Are you looking for the opportunity to make your imprint on a game with an outstanding audience reach?
Do you want to strive amongst people with similar driving forces?
Send us a description of what you are made of, as well as a convincing professional, Indie or Academic portfolio.
As an official member of the Game Design Team, you are, by definition player-centric, and willing to take on creative and technical challenges on a daily basis, with a people-first approach.
As priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
You will be responsible for writing clear design documentation related to a piece of content, from a One-Pager overview, through to a Full Specification, and organise it.
You will learn our tools and processes to support and channel your efforts toward the goals and objectives of the Team.
You will play extensively to parts of the game and deliver qualitative feedback across the whole design process, making sure the content you review is as polished as possible.
- Clear, Open-Minded Communication:
Using software such as Confluence, Slack and Email as well as being in both virtual and face-to-face meetings, you will be expected to communicate clearly, tailoring your approach to meet the needs of different disciplines and groups and also being thoughtful and respectful to the communication styles of your colleagues.
- Cross-Discipline Collaboration:
You will be required to support the Project goals and collaborate within the Design Team as well as at the crossroad of other discipline’s Teams.
- You are an independent worker that is able to quickly integrate yourself into a large, multi-cultural team.
- An unquenchable thirst of knowledge.
- Ability to learn new tools and methodologies.
- Comfortable with Unity and repository tools.
- At ease with Google Suite and Confluence.
- Curious, respectful, people-first and with a self-driving attitude.
How to Apply
Please apply with your CV and covering letter. If you have a portfolio of work, we would love to see it: we’re excited to see any games you’ve built, and any other personal projects and/or open-source contributions, especially if you can show us work that you’ve done both solo and with others.
Your covering letter should include:
- Why would you like to do an internship with NaturalMotion?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
What We Offer
- Paid internship, working on a real project with a collaborative team
- We will invest in your development and help you level up your craft by learning new skills and the realities of production engineering code that players get to touch
- You will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you through the full duration of your internship
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday team lunch
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- And did we mention you’ll be working on a Star Wars game?!
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.