3249 South La Cienega Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016, United States
10 days ago
“Let’s build Cross-Reality together.” Statements like that are what drive and excite us here. If you’re interested in working alongside passionate game developers that are driving towards the next evolution of immersive gaming then you should join us. Survios , the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a talented Design Director to help push the quality and innovation to the next level with our talented Design Team!
- Be the point of contact in studio leadership for maintaining each product’s high-level design vision within the studio’s broader product strategy, collaborating with product leads/directors to make sure deliverables and milestones stay on track.
- Writes high-level specifications and design features fitting to the vision and quality bar of the studio. Reviews and approves the work of internal product teams as well as any related external resources to ensure that output meets the studio’s expectations for quality and is in line with overall product direction.
- Interacts with studio leadership and peers in other functions regarding product objectives, progress, staffing, and milestones.
- Contributes, shares, and enforces best practices for the design department.
- Acts as a leader, mentor and role model to the Design Department, developing and training in-studio Designers where appropriate.
- 8 years of game design experience required, 10+ years preferred.
- Must have proven success in game development, typically in a leading Design role. Prior experience as a Design Director a plus.
- Proven ability managing small to large teams.
- Possesses a mastery of game design principles such as design theory and methodologies, directing player experience, player behavior, choice and motivation, game progression and pacing, etc.
- Advanced at deconstructing compelling and innovative game design elements and understanding the correlation with player experience and satisfaction. Distils and shares insights within the team, and maintains exceptionally deep knowledge of competitive products and trends.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how areas of ownership manifest in game design and the overall production pipeline.
- Possesses a highly advanced understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline.
- Exceptional ability to communicate design concepts effectively, verbally, in written format, and visually to other disciplines.
- Holds and translates vision for broad areas of ownership consistent with the overall vision for the game.
- Oversees the development and establishment of proposals and design goals.
- Ensures and reviews ongoing and iterative design documentation that keeps pace with the project’s progress.
- Exhibits mastery with mocking up design features using appropriate tools, such as MS Office, Photoshop, Maya/Max, Confluence, internal wikis, etc.
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating breadth of experience and range of skills.
- Previous experience working with VR.
- Experience in Unreal Engine and blueprints.
- Degree in related discipline a plus.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.