6 days ago
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! We are now incredibly excited to be recruiting a studio Design Director who will both improve and drive design for PUBG, but also champion our exciting new endeavors.
Our state-of-the art studio is in the heart of Madison, WI – recently named the best place to live in the US with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, an incredible downtown farmer’s market, gorgeous scenery, and affordable cost of living. The Capitol building is steps away from the office, where you can enjoy a concert on the square or some awesome local food and drink.
Who we’re looking for :
- A design director who truly understands Design – the concepts, the development reality and the practical value of designers.
- An excellent communicator who can cultivate give/take relationships.
- Someone who make hard decisions and advocate for design when needed, but can also work closely with our creative director and craft design plans that align with the project design directives.
- A fierce advocate for the designers on the team, able to recognize that the team is the greatest resource while still being able to handle high level matters.
- Your primary duty will be to identify design’s role in any context and formulate the best course of action with the time and resources available.
- Generate widespread support for your vision and direction.
- Define, guide, strategize, and iterate playable prototypes at all phases of the game’s development to maintain scope and quality.
- Oversee core design vision and implementation, working across studio disciplines
- Evangelize and pitch design ideas to the executive team.
- Proactively communicate progress and resolution of problems with the ability to develop a design pipeline and set guidelines for the team.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire the creative team to do their best work, and provide performance reviews for the design team.
- 10+ years industry experience
- 5+ years leading game teams and defining game design
- Previously shipped a AAA in a lead or director role
- Experience taking major AAA titles from concept to completion
- Experience iterating on design after launching product
What we offer:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A very competitive total compensation package
- 401K Match
- Fully funded healthcare
- Frequent lunches in office, along with snacks and drinks
- Gym Reimbursement
- Game Reimbursement
- Team outings and events